Welcome

This is my writing, my art, my voice, my blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Awesomeness of the Legend of Korra

Okay. Since like before school got out I have been addicted to the new Nickelodeon mini series Avatar: The Legend of Korra. See, I've always loved The Last Airbender (not the movie, the series) and when I heard about Legend of Korra, I about peed my pants. It has action (who doesn't love that), romance (duh), and a totally awesome new Team Avatar.
         For those of you who have no idea what The Legend of Korra is, here's a brief-ish summary. So Aang is dead and the new avatar Korra is a force to be reckoned with. A spiritual and an airbender failure, she runs away to Republic City in hopes of finding her own path and to learn airbending. She meets Makko, Bolin, and, later Makko's girlfriend, Asami. They are the new Team Avatar, and together they battle the Equalists--non-benders bent on equalizing (taking away bending) by means of their leader, Amon.
        Now, this upcoming week is the Season 1 finale. Tenzin and his family have fleed Republic City as they are the only airbenders left in existence. Lin Beifong sacrificed herself and her beding so Tenzin and Korra could escape Amon. Now, General Iro (who I believe to be Zuko's son) is coming to the rescue with the United Forces.
        I, for one, cannot wait until Saturday. I believe Korra is finally going to go into the Avatar State, and all I can say is it's about time. Aang was in either the Avatar State or the Spirit World atleast seven times in the first season alone, so I was seriously starting to get worried with Korra. I say she's going in the Avatar State because in the previews for the finale, it shows Amon taking her bending and I think that's going to snap her into the Avatar State and it's gonna be on. I also believe that, as the Avatar, Korra has the ability to give someone their bending back just as surely as she can take it. I'm not absolutely sure, but there's something about the creators having Amon taking Lin's bending. It says that Korra's friends aren't immune to Amon, but I think it says something else about Lin's sacrifice that's telling me it's not the end for her.

   Well that's it for now, I'll hit you guys up later.

B.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment